Monday, May 30, 2011

Flying a kite for the first time

I'm 31 years old and flew a kite for the first time. There's a first time for everything. I told my friends last year I'd never flown a kite before so on my birthday, they bought me one. It wasn't until last week that I brought it out during a windy day to give it a try. It was more gusty than windy so it was difficult keeping it up in the air but it was still fun. I want to try flying a kite at the ocean now where there'd be more consistent wind. Hopefully it won't take another 30 years to do that.



Who's excited about flying a kite?
Check out those streamers man!!!



Now I can check that off the bucket list

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice track outfit.
mom says we took you kite flying but you were too small to remember.
i can't imagine you ever being small.
looking forward to beating you at crib again very soon in person.

love dad

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

good job at getting those items checked off your bucket list. You guys are so fun!

Anonymous said...

track suit? i guess it looks like i have matching jacket and pants but it wasn't on purpose. Anyway, i figured i'd done it when i was younger but were too young to remember.
looking forward to kicking your butt in crib.
Jason