Sunday, November 11, 2007

I actually started a blog

Well, I did it. I started a blog for Darcie and I because we enjoy looking at Sarah and Laura's blogs all the time and seeing pictures we otherwise wouldn't have been able to see and catching up on things going on in their lives, so hope you enjoy. I started by adding a few more pictures of the outside of our basement suite and our neighborhood so you know what Darcie and I look at every day. We emailed everyone what the inside of our basement suite looked like but forgot to show what the outside area looks like. The one picture of the side of the house is the entrance. In the summer, there are big leaves covering the entire wall. I should've taken a picture of it then. Right now all the leaves are gone since its Fall so it looks a lot different.






Since we've moved here, we've noticed there are a lot of black squirrels that live amongst us. So once in a while, I'll buy a bag of peanuts and leave them cracked open on the fence next to our gate to the back yard for them. I like watching them and it doesn't take long for them to notice they're there. I'll stand by our door and watch them sit there and stuff their faces. I wonder what they're thinking when they come across the nice stash of laid out crushed peanuts for their eating pleasure. Probably something like, "Hell's ya!" There's one squirrel that has gotten pretty fat because of us which is good because of the cold winter coming. You can tell he's much fatter than a lot of the other squirrels we see around the neighborhood because of the peanuts we feed him. You can see the fence area from our living room and we'll often see him sniffing around to see if there's any peanuts we left for him. I like feeding them because then I know it won't be so hard for them to survive through the winter here.










1 comment:

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

Jason that is so hiliarious!!!! I love how you can tell what the squirrels are thinkin'...."hells ya" I'm sure they survived well before you got there, but i think it's great that you're fatening them up for the winter=)You should take some video!