Monday, September 24, 2012

Horse Ride

While I was driving north of Enderby a while ago, I noticed a sign on the side of the road that said you could do some trail riding on horses for $25 an hour which I thought would be fun to do with Darcie.  She had ridden a horse when she was younger and the only time I'd ridden a horse was at Sunnybrae when I was a lot younger too so I figured it was long over due to saddle up again.  It's something different that you usually don't do too often so I called them up and booked a 2 hour ride through the woods north of Enderby.  I got a painted horse named Phoenix and Darcie's horse's name was Paully.  They were both females.  We went up some steep inclines and down hills and sometimes our horses would do a quick trot which is a little unnerving at first because you're not used to it.  They asked if we wanted to get the horses up to a trot or canter but we were both happy having the horses walk.  In hindsight, we probably would've been okay with just doing a 1 hour ride.  After a while our buts and inside of our legs got sore because we weren't used to riding horses at all but it was pretty fun riding them in the back woods.  They've taken kids as young as a year and a half old.  Kids that young would ride with someone on the horse, but other kids a little older can be on the horse themselves with people walking along side it to make sure they don't fall.  It'd be fun to do with the kids next time you guys are up if you're interested.  It's the cheapest place I found after looking into other people who offer the same thing and $25 an hour is really reasonable I think.  Other people were charging twice that an hour.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun getting to interact with the horses like that. 

Darcie getting on Paully at the stable
Darcie riding Paully
Me and Phoenix after the ride
My view of Phoenix
                                               
Riding through the woods

No comments: