Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trip to New York Cont'd

Here's some statue we came across while in New York. Not sure what it is, who made it, or what its for but a lot of people were there taking pictures with it so we did too.

Manhattan skyline behind us while at Liberty Island where the Statue of Liberty is


Staten Island Ferry

Darcie and I near Times Square after watching the Broadway show Wicked. It's about the untold story of the witches of Oz. I wasn't sure what to expect but we really, really enjoyed it. The people in these shows are incredible singers and actors. I would've loved to see it again. Oh, and on a side note, I know some of you won't believe me, but Conan O'Brien, his wife, son and daughter went to the same show we were at and sat in the row ahead of us, 5 seats away. It was pretty random.

Times Square at night. So many people, so many lights, so many ads. This picture doesn't do it justice. I always thought the ads were mostly in and around where this picture was taken which is where they drop the ball on New Years. But it's like this further beyond than the camera picks up in this picture as well as far behind us and even on the next street over. It's absolutely crazy. Talk about sensory overload. There's just so many things trying to get your attention. And I've never seen so many cameras in one place at one time. I was trying to find people that didn't have some sort of camera device and it was hard.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I definitely want to see a broadway musical in New York someday! Crazy that you were so close to Conan O'Brien.